Re: Down-side threshold

Phil,

> Calculated based on Friday's close, that would equal one-day downturns of
> 788 and 1,576 points on the Dow Jones Industrial Average.

Have you ever been caught in a futures position when the market goes limit against you?
It is my opinion that "any" price to get the opportunity to exit your position is better
than "no" price at all.
On the other hand, during the 1987 crash the Hong Kong stock exchange stopped trading
for one week: when trading resumed nothing could prevent prices to fall.

Alberto Torchio
 Torino, Italy