Re: brokers/oio etc......

In a message dated 97-11-28 10:22:45 EST, comfut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Because of some of the horror stories that I've been reading the past few
>  days re:various firms and the "blowout" of the accounts....I thought I'd
>  post a few things that might help others avoid the same.
>
>  1)When opening an account:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
>
>  If you're going to take a brokers recommendations.....Ask him how long he
>  has been a registered broker...Do you want to take recommendations from a
>  broker who has less experience than you????????

Tom.

        This was an excellent post, but I have to take exception to the above.
If you are going to take his recommendations, then how long, and his
experience as a broker is irrelevant.  It is how long and how experienced a
trader he is.   He may be a long time and experienced broker, but that doesn't
mean he is a trader.  Then your only problem is verifying.   Personally, I
think a better rule is never never never take advice from a broker.   If you
don't know enough to make your own decisions......

                       Pete