Re: Different Opening Prices on SP same day???

Karl wrote:

> In TS I have created a chart with Data1 = 30 min SP7Z and Data2 = Daily SP7Z. I have notioced that the opening price on the daily bars is significantly different than the morning open on the shorter term chart even though they are the same data stream. For example:
> Daily bar open 11/24 = 967.50
> 30 min bar open at 8:30 = 960.50
> For 11/21  Daily bar open = 962.50    and 30 min bar = 966.00
>
> I am writing a system which requires a calculation from the longer bars and uses the shorter bars for testing. I can't figure out why the difference. Symbol Universe is set 8:30 to 3:15pm -- no second session.
> I don't know what is wrong. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have to get prices on the daily bars that reflect actual daily trades.
> Karl  kschr@xxxxxxxxxxx

If you are certain your symbol universe is correct and you have checked
the times on the quotes in the 30 min bars (watch time zones
differences), then I think the problem is with the End of day data.
Check with your data service to find out what they use for the open.
They may use the technically correct "open".  Which is the beginning of
globex trading at 3:45pm (?) CST the day before.

Eric