Re: pivots

Sometimes it isn't as simple as just pressing the delete key.

1. I get between 50-70 emails average per day which I generally download in the evening
(the majority in one chunk).  If my ISP is having problems with the mail servers or line
connections and the mail download terminates prior to the last message, then it has to be
started over again from the beginning.  I've sometimes had to do this 4 or 5 times with
of course puts a duplicate message in the inbox each time, taking up additional hard disk
space.  Last week GTE was having mail problems and I ran into this problem but thankfully
not this time.  However, others may have.

2. GTE has recently imposed a limit of 1 Mb of email.  Combine numerous .GIFs form RT and
a couple, three days away and further mail could be rejected.

Tip for MS Internet Mail 1.0 users:  Make sure to regularly do a file compact.  Unless
you do so, deleted email remains in your  folders even though it is not listed in the
mail display.  I gained about 20 mb of space when I first discovered this some time back.

JW
abprosys@xxxxxxx