RE: May I ask a stupid question?

Terry-

These Incentive Stock Options are commonly given to Engineers at
software companies, so it's not only the executives that get them
(though they will get more).
I'm a software engineer, and I've never worked at a software company
that DIDN'T give them.  Contrary to the myth perpetrated by the
financial community, engineers are also _very_ interested in profiting
financially for their work. They obviously do enjoy the pleasure
associated with solving a tough engineering challenge, etc., but
that's not the only reason that they work so hard.  Many become
disgruntled when others make big bucks off of their invention(s).  Why
should a salesman get more commission for selling 1 copy of their
software than the engineer who wrote it would get in a year's worth of
bonuses?  This happened to me, and I left that company because of it.
  How do you think Microsoft hires away so many good engineers?  Their
pay _STINKS_ when compared to the rest of the industry.  It is the ISO
plan that gets so many good engineers in the door.  Hence the large
number of Microsoft Millionaires.

Steve

BTW, my company's ISO's expire in 10 years.