Re: Volitility

 Getting back to an earlier statement of yours, Dr., about the VIX being
markt volatility and equating its level to point changes in the DJIA, would
you clarify this just a little more?  Since the VIX is derived from OEX
options, is it coshure to apply the same volatility to the DJIA?  Or did
you do a calculation on the OEX and the equate that to point changes in the
DJIA?  Out of curiosity an almost identical standard deviation plot results
when using the OEX & VIX or the DJIA & VIX.  Both are tagging the +1 std
dev bands as of 11/14.  Both gave sell alerts by over extension a few days
before the debacle this October.  More importantly, is there a DJIA VIX
being considered?

BobR

At 09:03 AM 11/17/97 -0600, THE DOCTOR wrote:
>I think you are correct...it would be of little value.  A system that
>could identify a vol hi could be of some value...a system identifing a
>vol low would be worth a fortune.

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\djia14.gif"