Re: FUT: Commercials long or short

Arnold Thompson wrote:

> Does anyone know the Internet address for the Government agency that
> would distribute Commercial and Non-commercial future contract
> holdings?  I had been verbally told an Internet address something like
> CFTG.GOV.  Cannot find it.
>
> With a data file I could chart who is long and short and better tell if
> the commercials really have a handle historically on market direction.
>
> If I can retrieve, via the Internet, the Long and Short of it,  why pay
> Consensus magazine for the same info and not have any historical
> database either .

Your best bet by far is to signup for this data from
Steve Briese at Bullish Review. He provides all the historical
data and updates every 2 weeks, these are ascii files and
can very easily be charted. This data also includes his
proprietary COT index data for all 3 groups.
The attached chart shows how I plot this in Tradestation.

You can signup for this data FREE at http://www.bullishreview.com

Instructions on how to chart this info are also provided.

regards
Alan Sears
Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\TS_COT.gif"