Re: GEN - charting future dates in the present

Bob Hunt wrote:

> Never mind tapping the massive brain power of a Walt or Clyde on this one Bob .
> . .  I came up with a very simple solution, despite my severely limited
> cognitive resources!
>
> All kidding aside, this method works very well, but only with EOD.  You need to
> use the Omega Offline Data Server.
>
> All you need to do is advance your system clock to include the period that your
> trying to forecast.  I use this method on a daily basis to do dynamic Fib and
> Gann projections. It works great!
>
> As you mentioned in your post, you need dummy EOD data stored for each issue
> that you want to study. I do 2 to 3 day projections, so manually entering dummy
> data is no big deal.  But if you want to make longer term projections, simply
> create an ASCII file of dummy dates and data and import via the Offline Server.
>
> One drawback - sometimes I forget to re-set my clock before sending e-mail.
> This will screw-up any e-mail systems that sort by date.  My e-mail always
> shows up on their systems as the most recent one sent. (Notice I didn't forget
> this time!)
>
> Hope this helps,
> Bob Hunt
>
> bobrabcd wrote:
>
> > This question must have come up many times and was just asked of me by
> > Clement from Australia.
> > The Omega server will let you store OHLCV,OI for dates beyond the current
> > date, but when trying to chart them the TS Charting says all dates beyond
> > the computers current date are invalid dates and inhibits charting of them.
> >  [.......]

	I like to see what the overnight action did to my indicators.  On the
morning of the new day, I edit a separate file of end-of-day data, by
putting in the night data as the new day's data.  I have also found that
TS won't chart the bar that represents the night data (probably because
the session isn't over yet?).  *But it appears that the text
information, for example the close, include the new bar.*  The
indicators have changed from the previous day's value so I assume they
include the new bar as well.  While I'd rather see the bar on the graph,
having the values is currently serving my purpose.