Re: Can you run TradeStation 4.0 on Windows98 Beta2 (Memphis)?

        Hi  Alex,

              You wrote:   "I spoke to Omega Tech Support, and they said that
TS 4.0 is not compatible with Win98.  But I do agree about the buffers.  Do
you know how to increase
that figure?  I couldn't figure out how.  But if it is possible, it may get
TS to work under Win98!"

              If you are refering to the DOS buffer command you can change it
very easily.  From the DOS prompt change to the root directory by typing cd\:
   Once in the root directory look for a file called config.sys   Open the
file with the edit command by typing edit config.sys   You may see a line
that says buffers=40  (the number may be different).    If you don't see it
add it to the end of the file.  You can increase the number of buffers by
increasing the number.  You must exit edit and reboot each time.  Each buffer
consumes 0.5 kbites of memory so don't get carried away, just keep increasing
the number by 5 untill the program works. If the program still does not run
reset the buffers to 50.

             You might also try setting up "look ahead buffers".  Chance (or
create) the line to read buffers=40,4/X   The 40 is the number of buffers,
the 4 is the number of look ahead buffers (any number from 1 to 99 may be
used so start with 4 and keep increasing it), /X tells dos to put the look
ahead buffers in expanded memory.

            Hope this helpes, let us know.

                                  Good luck and good trading,
                                             Ray Raffuert