Gen:Rydex & Poor Mans Rocket Science

I have been working on a timing model (rocket science part) to enable me
to better manage the returns on my IRA account. As part of this I had
thought that a mutual fund that allows you to be either long or short the
mkt would be the best vehicle. The preliminary feed back on my request
for info on the Rydex Funds produced some good results. Here are some of
the ways to invest (depending on your financial means) using long term
timing signals.

1. Rydex (for those with the required $25,000)
2. Fidelity or Schwab Ira ($2,500)
3. Spyders (Amex symbol SPY)
4. Options on mutual funds (I think only two funds have these now)
5. Moving from an equity fund to a bond fund as indicated by the signals
generated.
6. Index or Equity LEAPS

I have had requests for a longer term report of the results of my long
term timing system. I only have weekly closing data on  the S&P500 and
the 13 week TBiIl going back about one year. If someone has (or knows
where to get) these closing prices back to 1985 (or earlier) please let
me know so I can run this analysis and  post the results here.

Happy Trading :-)
Ron McEwan