Re: Question on Option Price

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Question on Option Price
  • From: FAIRBANkkkkkkkkkkk
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 1997 17:16:42 -0800 (PST)

With all due respect to a fellow trader........you should say there is no
such thing as a settlement committee in options on the CBOE.   On at least
most commodity markets that IS the way it is done. I know people on the
settlement committee in gold, silver, coffee,sugar,cocoa, OJ.dollar index
etc. I was on the Cotton Options committee.   Marking the close has become
harder to do though...in the Cotton option pit for example you could mark a
closing price by trading only 1 option.....now you must trade at least a ten
lot.  This has made it much more expensive to mark the close.