Re: Gen: MIX vs VIX Signal

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Gen: MIX vs VIX Signal
  • From: rmac@xxxxxxxx (Ronald McEwan)
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 1997 10:02:29 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 8 Nov 1997 11:02:35 -0500 (EST) Russ writes:

Ron,Is a sell for Monday still a good trade?

One of the other things I have been working on is to combine the "MIDI"
with the filtered wave work of Arthur A. Merrill (this guy is really a
genius). The idea is to get an estimate of what to expect the next
trading day. The projection for Mondays OEX is to be long above
884.91(and short below this number). With the OEX closing at 884.57 the
signal is to be short. I personally closed my OEX put position on Fri. I
did not want to be caught either way with some unexpected event over the
weekend. I am happy to grab some quick profits and run. The reliability
of my analysis has enabled me to be more comfortable in taking a "wait
and see" position. I am able to get into a move soon enough to grab some
profits on a regular basis. If you try out the new z-score formula that I
posted you might get an idea of what I am trying to say. I think Monday
will come to us, we should not try to get to Monday before it
happens(just be ready)

Happy Trading :-)
Ron McEwan