Re: Gen: Demand Index

Larry Stone wrote:

> Try as I might, I can find no information on the "Demand Index" by James
> Sibbet of Pasadena.  Any help out there?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Larry Stone

Larry,

Metastock has always had the Demand Index as one of it's indicators.
Instructions for it's use can be found in the Meatastock manual.

It's basically a momentum oscillator with a difference - it incorparates
volume and volatility as components in it's formulation. Thomas Aspray
has written extensively about it's use in Stocks and Commodities and he
also discusses it's formulation. If interested I suggest you get in
touch wiht S&C and get them to do a search for you of past issues.

As an example, the June 1986 issue has an article by Aspray "Fine-tuning
the Demand Index" which also discusses it's formulation. By the way the
same issue also discusses Wyckoff techniques.

Regards,
--
  ,-._|\  Richard
 /  Oz  \