ADMIN Time delay posting to RT

At 03:48 AM 11/4/97 -0500, TRaffertu@xxxxxxx wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Jeff Harteam wrote  "At times, my post just disappears in thin air and never
>shows up at RTs."
>
>        I think I know whare they are going.  I sometimes get the same post
>two, three, even four times, so they must be going into my computer.  The
>black hole of the internet.  And we try to trade over it?

Realtraders,
   Unfortunately, the posting of messages to a server which then
redistributes those messages to its members sometimes has its problems.
Ususally this problem is a delay in receiving such posts.  We apologize for
this inconvenience.

  When everything is working optimally, posts are usually redistributed
within 10-15 minutes from when they are received.  This is obviously not
that bad.  However, when you send a post to the forum and it takes hours,
it seems like a major inconvenience.  But note, often times although 'you'
have not received your own message, others already have, so your posts are
usually being 'read' in a timely fashion.  I know that is no excuse but at
the present time the information superhighway just isn't that fast.

  With respect to multiply posts:  Multiply posts usually occur when a
member sends his post more than once.  Or on occasion, when the
redistribution server is not behaving properly, the server does send the
post twice...however this does not happen often.  Finally, for those who
"ALWAYS" receive two posts, this is usually the result of having your email
address AND a slight variation of your address, entered twice in our
database.  This can be rectified by removing one of your addresses however,
this only applies to those who ALWAYS receive two posts.  As a matter of
fact, after I finish writing this post, I will download a list of all
subscribed addresses and I will scan for any NEAR DUPLICATE email addresses
and will contact you personally to see which address we should use.  This
may take a little time due to current stock market conditions and the fact
that I am trying to prepare a SymWave update for the S&P.

Hope this helps,
John Boggio

RealTrader's HomePage
http://www.RealTraders.com
during those periods.  Thanks (See below)