Re: Intraday VS. Longer Term

TWA7663@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Come on guys and gals!  How many times do I have to say that I am NOT saying
> that long term investing is better than intraday.  I just said that "I" have
> not found "one" intraday system that gives the net profit and reward/risk of
> 20-30 day position systems that I have developed with the exact same data for
> the last 15 years.  I  had hoped that some of you had found such a system.  I
> am still in search of  an intraday system that does this.
>
> I will also say again that I did not want this to become an argument of
> system methodology or longer versus shorter.  I have tested thosusands of
> systems and read more than my share of books on methodology.  I ONLY WANTED
> TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAD FOUND AN INTRADAY SYSTEM WITH BETTER RESULTS THAN
> POSITION SYSTEMS WITH THE SAME DATA FOR  A 10-15 YEAR PERIOD!  Only Thomas
> Brun seemed to understand what I wanted.

Not really, TWA.  You also said if someone has a great system, you want
them to send it to you!!  You want someone to hand it to you, but no one
here is going to give away their methodology for nothing.  So it is only
normal that this started a debate on general methodologies, instead of
providing you with the answer that many seek.
I honestly think you are looking for the wrong thing.  You are looking
at a specific market for a specific 13 year period of the PAST.  This
has little to do with the future.  Is your time frame really 13 years??
Will you stick with 1 system for that long??  What is your trading
personality, or mentality??  Most traders are comfortable with a certain
style of system.  It isn't necessarily the most profitable, but it is
what fits you.  That is the system that you want, the one that fits your
personality, not the one that made the most $ in one time period of
history.  If you feel most comfortable daytrading, then do it and forget
trying to compare it to buy and hold. (or vice versa)  You'll never have
the most beautifull woman or the best trading system, so pick one your
willing to settle for.
If this advice is missing the point of your posts, sorry.

Eric