Re: Victor Niederhoffer

JER3CUBE@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 97-11-01 16:52:40 EST, knight@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> <<
>  Acutally, I thought his book was quite good. Definetely a wild trading
>  style though. :)
>
>  If you put aside his eccentric trading technique, many
>  of the stories, analogies and anecdotes are quite entertaining.
>
>  He's busted now Thad, but don't forget that he made alot of people
>  very rich, for a very long time. :) >>
>
> Did he though?  Soros on Soros states that he had the good grace
> to "reseign the account" before he went to a loss position.
>
> That is not the same as making a lot of money for....
>
> There seems to be a confusiong between what is "gambling" and
> what is "trading".
>
> Gambling is where you put all the marbles on one outcome.
> All or nothing at all.....winner take all....bets.
>
> Trading is a percentage affair.
>
> If you have a better definition feel free to add it.

NW: Gambler- one who risks money based on a guess or an outcome with no
mathematical advantage to the player.
    Speculator - one who risks money based on an educated guess or an
inherent slight mathematical advantage.
    Investor - one who risks money based on research and an inherent
significant mathematical advantage to the risk taker over time.

Speculatively,

Norman

  It appears that