Re: Intraday Versus Long Term Systems

I have a daytrading sp system, running real time for
the past year that has made well over 50,000 on a
10,000 starting account, even after commissions. I
endured a 50% drawdown at the very start and was
lucky the broker allowed me continue trading with
only 5500. in the account. I have slept well at night.
My bond model has run around the clock real time
since 87 with no modifications and has managed to
average 12,000 per contract per year. It is not a
daytrading model like the sp. Rather it is always in
the market long or short. Trades around 50 times a
year. Hardly a position model and not a daytrading
model either. I prefer what makes money and this is
what works for me. I have become wealthy trading
simply because I have learned to trust the computer
modeling and look myself in the mirror and admit
I couldn't trade my self out of a paper bag. So by
crutching on the computer, I have made it. It may
not be for everyone but it was the way I did it.
I worked my butt off on position models and could
never get any to make the kind of money shorter
term models do. If I could I would, cause I had
rather be fishing. Z