Re: "Living Trust"

-----Original Message-----
From: craig kelley <craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, October 28, 1997 12:59 PM
Subject: "Living Trust"

........... Dead men cant
>trade! if one expires overnight, the broker has to close the position
>out immediately, thats the rules according to my commodities
>broker.craig

I believe your broker is wrong. I've been in the futures business for 28
years and unless your broker's customer agreement specifically states that
all positions will be closed at death, he can't legally close your
positions. If he did, he would be liable for missed profits.

I suggest giving a spouse or some trusted person a tading authorization.
Then, if a client dies, I can call that person, explain the risk and get
authorization to close the positions.