Re: GEN: papertrading idea

I have not looked at those situations, as I only trade "live"
on stocks and options.  I would expect the same form to work
on those, but it will require information from experience or
others who use those methods and your broker.

TWA7663@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Richard,
>
> Good idea for intraday slippage but I have 4 questions that I think would
> require different slippage calculations.
>
> 1.  How do you calculate slippage for a market buy order that you place after
> the close but prior to the open?

I would look at the time lag from  the broker and apply it to
your paper trade. The problem with opens is knowing where your
broker usually falls in the opening range.  I someone has a good answer
except experience, I would like to hear it.
experiance

> 2.  How do you calculate slippage for a market ExilLong order that you place
> after the close but prior to the open?

see  # 1

> 3.  How do you calculate slippage for a market buy order at the close that
> your broker has in place prior to the close?

see # 1

> 4.  How do you calculate slippage for a market ExitLong order at the close
> that your broker has in place prior to the close?

See # 1

> I look forward to your response.
>
> Russ
> <<<<<<<

for all of these, experience with that broker, in fast and slow
markets, could approximate reality.  That is all paper trading
can do.  If the system works with reasonable approximations
for time and broker slippage,  The Trader has a chance to
make money.

That is where the mental/emotional elements come into play.

If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate your sharing. It is
a part of this I have not dealt with yet.

Profitably out of my short-
Richard