Can I Trust YOU???

October 24, 1997

Hi,

I run a small commission house at Lahore (Pakistan). Being outside US has some disadvantages and one of them is the difficulty of obtaining information and promotional material. I extensively use brochures and booklets from Chicago Mercantile Exchange for briefing and educating my clients.

A few months back I sent a request to CME Publication Department for some brochures. I got a return mail from one Mr. Erin Kinahan (ekinahan@xxxxxxx) who works in the marketing department, mentioning that it is exchange's policy to charge for orders of more than five brochures. So, I sent a bank draft of US $40 issued in the name of Chicago Mercantile Exchange. The draft was sent on July 23, 1997 and it was cleared on August 19, 1997. I was told that I will receive my package in two to three weeks. Its been three months now since my request was acknowledge and I still have not received any thing from CME. To add insult to injury, my repeated e-mail inquiries (more than 10) went unanswered.

Ironically, I have applied for an introducing brokership with the an American FCM (also clearing members of CME). I will have to deposit a security amount of US $30,000 to obtain my IB (a condition made compulsory because the FCM has a previous "BAD" experience with a Pakistani IB).

I have one question: "After seeing $40 disappear without a trace; CAN I TRUST YOU WITH $30,000???"

Sincerely,

Mubashir Nabi
Financial Intermarket Research & Management.