Re: S3 (SIII)

DWBush@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Is anyone familiar with the company called S3 (Symbol: SIII on NASDAQ)?  If
> so, would you recommend it as a buy at it's current price, and where do you
> see it headed?
>
> Thanks for your inpu!
> Doug (Bush)
I have been following SIII for 3 years or so. And have been long a
couple of times. Their big customer was Diamond Multi Media and maybe
still is. I stopped considering them a good long term play when Intel
introduced the MMX chips. Who needs after market equipment when whats
"inside" is atleast OK. The possibility of a buy out or merger has
always kept me from being short. They may be re-inventing themselves and
be a great opportunity, but personally I'll wait until the story
unfolds.

Technically I would expect that it bounces back to re-test ($12ish) the
long term up trendline which it recently broke and then continue its
slide to the old lows around $7.

Good Trading -- Rod