Re: Gen: Why this SOD?

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Gen: Why this SOD?
  • From: "Michael E. Strupp" <combat@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 21:22:42 -0700 (PDT)

Don Green wrote:

> I trade using E-schwab, and execution maybe 20-40 seconds..  I have found it
> doesn't really matter..  An important factor in trading is don't be
> GREEDY... I am not SOES...  I buy at the market and sell at the market.
> If I lose 1/16 or 1/8 it is alright..  If you get to wired with strees in
> these matters you can be a good trader.
> Keep it simple...
>
> Regards
> Don Green

Let me second that motion! I've been trading for the past several weeks
using a DOT machine, which utilizes an electronic trading system for
smaller orders on the NYSE - needless to say, executions are wicked
fast.  Anyway, if I had gone to the market each and every time I tried
to make that extra sixteenth of a point, the trading account would be up
MUCH higher than it is right now!

LESSON: For the want of a sixteenth, a 1/2 point move may be lost! Don't
try to be perfect, just try to be profitable!

How about that IOM?

Sincerely,

Michael Strupp
Chicago, IL