Re: GEN - Flowrate

Dick, one more try to satisfy your concerns.  This chart should do it.  It
takes the difference between the uvol and dvol flow rates.  Flow rate is
simple the change in volume divided by the change in time.  Comments are
notated on the chart.

BobR

At 06:25 AM 10/22/97 -0700, bobrabcd wrote:
>Dick, thanks for your perceptions.  Does this chart address the points you
>bring up below?
>BobR
>
>At 12:55 AM 10/22/97 -0400, Dick byrd wrote:
>>bobrabcd wrote:
>>
>>> The theory is that a flow rate in the neighborhood of 1.5
>>> million shares per minute is needed to sustain a trend.
>>
>>- - - - - - - - -
>>BobR:
>>   Your flow rate charts are most interesting, however I fail to see a
>>correlation between price and flow rate as the market does its ups and
>>downs.  It certainly seem reasonable that some flow rate of shares would
>>be needed to sustain a trend, but it would seem like the better
>>statistic would be the advancing flow rate vs. the declining flow
>>rate.  Otherwise, you could see a high *total* flow start in an uptrend,
>>but the high flow is due to declining issues and therefor the trend
>>reverses on the high flow rate, the opposite of what your statistic
>>expects.
>>
>>Dick
>>

>Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\FlowRateNet1022.gif"

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\FlowRateNet1022B.gif"