Re: Gen: The TECH WARS

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Gen: The TECH WARS
  • From: Walt Downs <knight@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 23:12:00 -0700 (PDT)

Don Green wrote: See what happens when the
> creative stock discusions dry up,  what are you left with?
>
> Technical Bickering!
>
> Regards
> Don Green

Don,

OUCH!!! OK, Point well taken. :) Say, I have some questions for you
regarding stocks:

I would like to diversify, and spread my trading into stocks, as
well as futures. Which stocks will afford me reasonable volatility
on an intraday and/or 3-4 day time frame. Any particaular sector
better than another?

I know you prefer to trade a small array of stocks that you know
very well. This sounds like a good starting point. what basket
might you suggest for a novice stock trader?

Finally, and this might come as a shock, I would really like to
see you expand your discussions on discretionary trading. I know
it's hard to explain sometimes, but please try. I am fascinated
with how people *think* when they trade.

Thanks for the thump on the head.

Walt Downs
CIS Trading