From: bobrabcd <bobrabcd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, October 21, 1997 6:46 AM
Subject: Re: Did Telescan / AIQ give a signal

OK, Lee, here is a responce.  Telescan did give the same ER numbers as Dial
Data for 10/20/97.  It also gave a 38/62 WAL.  My US will be different than
yours but the ratio is similar.  Now then how will I use the ER rating as
an option trader? I would wait for the cycle bottom to be put in before
buying calls.  Infact my puts were exited an hour and half before the close
on Friday 10/17. No way would I wait for a buy on the ER to exit puts, and
on Monday calls were taken for a ten point ride via the TAPEread3 chart
posted yesterday.  As for Tuesday the volatility distribution and the Zone
timer have the market virtually flat, see amoss10/20 attachment.  Also the
modified volatility indices have a propensity of making tweezer bottoms so
I will wait for more divergences to set in before taking this ER rating for
a longer trade.