Re: MKT - Globex Currencies

Jeff Harteam wrote:

> Greetings Traders:
>
> I notice the currencies trade on Globex, at times, specify the sizes of
> the bid and offer (50, 150, 200 etc.).  What is the meaning of this?
> Are they the actual size of the bid/offer or are they the number of
> participants on the bid/offer?  If these numbers represent the size of
> the bid/offer, I've never seen these 'good-amount' bid/offer executed.
> In fact, they are actually traded in 1's or 2's.  Thanks in Advance
>
> Have a good one
> Jeff Harteam
> Hong Kong

There was a statement on cme's website that they have some nonprofit
group whose task is to keep the bid/ask 's on Globex in line with the
overseas markets.  They said that the bid and asks would be of a certain
size like 20 or something like that.  My theory is that the large offers
are from them and the actual trades are from people who actually want a
position.  Sounds kind of weird but maybe they are trying to
"legitimize" Globex and they know people won't trade it if the prices
aren't representative.  I know the statement of some sort was on the
website but  I'm just guessing that this is what you see.  Can anyone
confirm?

								Conrad Bowers