Mutual Funds: 18% gain in one day!?

This post follows up my previous posting on buying a HK mutual fund.

It is true -after further research- that you can buy a HK mutual fund on
the close of their day i.e. or yesterday.  I verified this with Colonial
Newport Tiger Fund and Guinness HK fund, US based mutual funds.

Two traders I know were able to buy HK at their close of down 14% but
after they saw the US market surging to +200.

Both traders were lucky to make over 10% returns when HK rebounded 18%.

Caveats:  no guarantee that HK will go up.
          orders must be placed before the US market closes.