Re: What's the data for?

There is still alot of talk and concern over intraday data going on at this
forum. One observation I have noticed is that no one is talking about a data
providers baud rate of delivery.Trading intraday myself, data is crucial.
Here is what I have done to insure the highest accuracy of my data.

I use BMI's satellite feed. It delivers at 38,400 baud rate. It matches my
brokers quotes almost exactly. We check three times a week.
Next I have install a T-port in my computer . This is a serial port with a
buffer. It will store ticks that would otherwise be lost because your server
is on overload. To limit this overload minimize the number of symbols you get
data on. This has a profound effect on the servers ability to collect data
accurately.
There is still the possibility of lost data due to double handling of data
from the exchanges. (ie: BMI) This is something we all are at risk of. We
need to express this concern to our providers.

Richard J. Chehovin