Re: MKT: sentiment - bears in hiding

>Date sent:        Sun, 21 Sep 1997 22:56:46 +0000
>From:             "jwalker@xxxxxxxxxxx" <jwalker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To:               realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject:          MKT: sentiment - bears in hiding
>
>Below are the results of our weekly "Guess the Dow" sentiment survey.
>The survey was taken from 9/15 thru 9/21 on our web site. If you would
>like to participate in this weeks survey/contest, stop by
.../...

>30 day outlook:
>
>47% bullish,  38% last week
>23% bearish,  43% last week
>30% neutral,  20% last week
>
>(percentages may not sum to 100 due to rounding)

.../... (snipped)

I don't know what the other RT readers think of these stats, but I personally couldn't
take them seriously unless I know the absolute numbers, and not only the percentages. I
tried to generate such stats some months ago by posting inquiry articles in investment
newsgroups, and was indeed able to have similar percentages; but they were pulled out of
only some dozens people (20-30): that is not enough to make the stat reliable.
I have nothing against an RT commercial reader posting this along with its URL as
long as the information is relevant.So I would appreciate knowing exactly HOW MUCH people
we are speaking of...

Carl
Carl Vanhaesendonck
Brussels