FUTR GEN: CIS Knowledge Gained, the findings, and builidng of TGR Post # 2

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: FUTR GEN: CIS Knowledge Gained, the findings, and builidng of TGR Post # 2
  • From: Walt Downs <knight@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 12:32:55 -0700 (PDT)

RT'ers, before reading this post, please see the post:
 "CIS TREX Opening statement Post # 1"

Having learned much from the recent discussion of TREX
ratios, I sat down to take a HARD look at where I was at.

First, there was my findings and beliefs. Then, there
were the comments from two tigers and a man whose
views I respect (See "CIS Opening Statement Post#1"post and
"CIS The building of a Trading Analagy Post #3" for general info
on these people, and for info on "tigers". )All heavy
hitting input that I would have to assimilate and explain.

My conclusions were:

1. That market (price) action and psychological (people)
market action, that I had once assumed as one and the
same thing, should each be isolated and analysed in their
own right; in essence, presenting the trader with TWO charts.
ONE, being Market (price) action. The same charts you see
every day, and TWO, being a "Hidden" chart representing the
psychology and interaction of PEOPLE within the framework of
and in relation to, PRICE.

A simple way to do this seemed to be to take the ratios of
Fibbonacci and Gann, and apply them in relation to the ratios
I was pulling from TREX, which in theory, represented natural
rythm and phase of an underlying market.

The results seem AWSOME. :)

By utilyzing signifigant TREX ratios and applying a Fibb/Gann
timing structure, I found some fascinating market occurences
that give me wonderfull market insight. This combination implies
the following:

1. A trader can know what the TRUE trend of a market is
2. A trader can know if a market is HIGH or LOW in relation
to itself.
3. Signifigant Prices and market movement can be reasonably
forcast.

This structure I have given the name: TGR (Tiger)
TGR is an acronym for TRUE GOLDEN RATIO.

Please move on to the post "CIS Building a Trading Analogy Post# 3"

Thanks,

Walt Downs
CIS Trading.