Re: Friday's T-Bond LDB

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Friday's T-Bond LDB
  • From: "Berman, Larry" <BERMANkkkkkkkkk>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 08:53:09 -0700 (PDT)

     Bob,

     Do you read the street as long or short right now given the big rise
     in OI. LDB suggests the street is short, but the rise in OI on the up
     day would suggest otherwise. Comments?

Subject: Friday's T-Bond LDB
Author:  SMTP:RHunt.066@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx at INTERNET
Date:    9/14/97 9:41 AM

In light of Friday's large run-up in T-Bonds, I thought the LDB numbers
were worthy of note (they can be found at
http://www.cbot.com/ldbn-us6.htm )

The December contract is heavily long in retail (CTI4 net position of
14035) and heavily short in commercial (CTI2 net position of -9005).  It
has been my experience that a discrepancy like this is usually resolved
in the commercial's favor.

It will also pay to make note of Open Interest change in Friday's
trading. (usually available at about 8:30 ET on the following trading
day at http://www.cbot.com/clbfvolt.htm ).  If there's a significant
decrease in Open Interest, then there is less credence lent to Friday's
run-up and I would expect a quick retracement.  If Open Interest change
is flat or significantly higher, we just might be slowly building the
potential for a quicker and more drastic downturn.

Any other comments for those versed in reading these numbers?

Bob Hunt