RE: Monitors

> I'm seriously considering purchasing a 21" monitor to enable me to stuff
> a number of things on the screen and still have them be large enough to
> make sense of the sense of scale.
>
> What is the max resolution people are finding suits them?
>
> 1280 x 1024???
>
> 1600 x 1200???
>
> Any reco's on brand and video drivers for the above application??

IMHO once you try a 21" monitor you will never go back.  If you
want to get the most data on a screen then get 1600x1200
resolution.  If you have to stare at the screen all day 1280x1024
may be is the best resolution, especially if you are getting a
little older like me and are close to needing bifocals.  8-(

If you decide on 1280x1024 then I suggest buying an ~$1,400.00
monitor that advertises it will do 1600x1200.  This pretty much
guarantees that 1280x1024 will work well.  Aand you can use the
higher resolution from time to time.

If you decide to use 1600x1200 then be sure to buy a monitor that
will scan at least 72Hz at that resolution.  Anything less than
this will cause unacceptable eye strain.  A bargain price here
may be no bargain at all.

regards,

tbr