ts2000i upgrade problems on XP

I am trying to install the sp4 and sp5 upgrade to my new install on a new XP machine. I get an error message stating "The decompression of %s failed. There may not be enough free disk space available in the TEMP directory". The machine and drive are new and there is plenty of space. I inserted "set temp=C:\temp and set tmp=C:\temp" in my autoexec.bat file. I have increased the virtual memory. I have tried to figure out how to increase the TEMP size, with no success. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe