From: Joel Reymont [mailto:joelr1@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2005 1:50 PM
To: Volker
Cc: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Backtesting on ticks and futures rollover

Volker,

What do you think of a system that _does not_ carry a position into
the next day? Wouldn't this make continuous contracts unnecessary?
After all, you are searching for patterns each day, within the day.

You could still backtest such a system and with 23,400 seconds in a
trading day you should have plenty of ticks to test on. You could
also backtest going back as long as you like to see if the patterns
hold from one day to the next.

     Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/uptick