DDE between IB's TWS & Excel

I have implemented some spread trading in futures from an Excel spreadsheet - the data is from TWS. It appears to be running well, submitting orders & getting quotes. However, I am keeping an eye on it to make sure it doesn't misbehave.

What I wanted to ask is.. what are the gotchas with this kind of a setup? Any experiences to share? For example, I have noticed that after the nightly data loss from TWS, the spreadsheet stops getting quotes - but other clients using a socket connection resumes the data feed.

Abhijit