Re: Anyone familiar with www.sptrader.com ?

Found this on google: http://www.joewein.de/sw/spam-sp-traderfund-com.htm
Someone is complaining SP's a spammer and also raises some interesting
questions.

UK Companies House is down on the weekend, but you may want to search
on http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/WebCHeck/fastrack/ in the morning.

I'm not surprised being a UK entity they are not registered with the NFA,
the SFA is the UK equivalent (hybrid SEC/NFA) http://www.fsa.gov.uk/
The SFA says no such firm as SP TRADE INVESTMENTS CAPITAL LTD
or SP TRADER INVESTMENT FUTURES GROWTH FUND
is registered in the UK to conduct financial services.
See: http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/

For the record, W1J 9 is not a complete UK post code, W1J 9HG or HX
would be valid for that address according to Royal Mail. 211-212 Piccadilly
shows as a serviced office supporting businesses as wide ranging as
The Panel on Gamma and Electron Irradiation <http://www.irradiationpanel.org/aboutthepanel/contactus.asp> to more wide ranging
consultancies than you would want to poke a stick at.

For the curious the building looks like this:
http://images.jiwire.com/images/locations/19532.jpg
http://www.julianglasgow.co.uk/images/211piccadilly.jpg

The UK SFA did show various firms registered to that address
to conduct financial business (and also numerous strike off's!)
but nothing even remotely resembling SP TRADE INVESTMENTS CAPITAL LTD.

Its possible they operate through a parent company or they could
be registered off-shore for legal reasons etc etc. Regulation is a very
geographical thing, just because the USA/UK don't regulate the business
doesn't automatically make it illegitimate (lookup Virgin some time),
but does make the due diligence process difficult.

Obvious questions to ask would include in what jurisdiction is their Ltd shell
incorporated and is it the top of the tree, or is it owned by further trusts etc.
Are the deposit funds insured in any way (not against trading losses but against
business losses), what jurisdiction is regulating the market trading activity
(I.E. is any one auditing that client funds aren't being used for business costs
ponzi style) etc etc.

Google is your friend.

Justin

---

jack zaner wrote:

They are not listed as a member of NFA nor do I see any mention of their
fund being offered only by the Prospectus- - red flags to me.
Regards, Jack.
----- Original Message ----- From: "MT" <mtzianos@xxxxxxxxx>