Slippage

List:  I rarely use profit points in the systems I trade, but one of my best
performing systems uses them.  Although it does well in real time, I've
encountered a problem that might not have a good solution.  Anyway- -
suppose I tell the system to buy at 10 limit and, using the canned profit
signal (it's from TS 4 I think) I set a profit target of $100.  In an ideal
world the buy would occur at 10 and the profit target at- let's say 20.  But
let's program in a slippage of 1 tick.  What TS does is simply deduct the
slippage cost from the back tested results.  But in real life, the slippage
may be occassioned by the buy not happening at 10 but rather at 11.  Thus
the PT should be at 21, not 20.  But suppose 21 is not reached- -and suppose
the trades are interdependent.  Other nasty scenarios can happen- - but you
get the point.  Is there a coding or other solution ?  Or is this just one
of those backtesting vs. actual trading things?
TIA,  Jack.