Re: OT - Scottrade

Joe,

I have a couple close friends that use to use Scottrade and had poor
experiences.

>From your message, I get the impression you are shopping based on
price. Remember, you often get what you pay for. And for some things,
such as my retirements funds, I'd want to be pretty confident in the
custodian.

So in exchange for cheap fees, you get a web site that can be down as
long as two hours during market hours. I also heard you need to make
a special phone call to them in order to sell short stock, even
something as seemly easy as Microsoft! Lastly, I understand their web
site features and tools are too limited and outdated.

I'd vote for CyberTrader.

Regards,
Bill