Re: TS8 vs TS2000i- one more thing

>I have a system(strategy) that uses a Dll and that runs 5625 cases
>in TS2000i in 43min.  When I run the exact same system on the exact
>same data in TS8 (offline) the optimization takes 61min.  That's
>about a 50% increase in optimization time. this is clearly a big
>disadvantage for those who do a lot of optimizations.

It might be due to TS8 using double precision math where TS2ki uses
single precision.  It's also possible that TS8 has a different
history database design, which is more robust in some respects at
the cost of speed.

>BTW although I don't remember the exact numbers TS2000i
>optimization module ran much faster than TS4's optimization module.

That may be the 16-bit vs 32-bit architecture.  I remember writing
16-bit software; the Intel architecture at the machine level only
provided two user registers in the CPU, which drastically slow
things down over code that has access to all 16 full-word registers
(or however many there are these days).

--
 //  \
 // __)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com