el bar ?

I am trying to figure out a way to determine, at a point mid chart, how many
bars follow on the chart. Big picture, I want to do things to tls on chart
if they are at least 50 bars from the end, otherwise leave them alone. Any
ideas?

Only thing I have come up with is to calc an implied bar # for
currentdate/currenttime (it is ok if this isn't perfect vis-a-vis holidays),
but that seems like a pain, as I want it to work on every time frame.

Muchos gracias,
Chris