Re: Combine XPO data collected in different time zone?

Eric,

TS2ki uses your settings to get your data to your time zone from GMT
time that it is in in the XPO file.  Does that make sense?  Well it is
my understanding that no matter who and where they are exports data to
XPO files that the XPO file holds the data in GMT time.  So when you
import it to your machine it says ok Eric is GMT-5 and brings it in to
suit your local time.  So my guess is if you have data 0800 to 1200
and import 0200 to 0800 you will end up with 0200-1200.  Maybe.  Seems
like it should.  What I would do is a double safety.  Make a copy of
your PDS folder to some other location.  Then crank up the GS and
export your current data from EUR to some folder on your machine.
Then import the new data and see what you get.  Oh be sure you close
all tradestation applications before you copy the PDS folder.  Wont
copy if the GS is running.  So if it doesn't work you can simply
delete the data if it is messed up then import the XPO file you
exported to begin with and be back where you started.  If that fails,
and it has for me before, then you shut down Tradestation then copy
the PDS folder back to the Omega Research\Server folder and you are
right back where you started before you started.

Let us know how you come out.  Oh be sure after you import the new
data you give the GS lots of time to digest it.  It will look like it
is finished but it takes more time.  I watch my Task Manager in XP to
see when the CPU usage drops back to low levels.

Jimmy

e> Hi list,

e> Just wondering if I can migrate data collected in different time zone.
e> For example, I collects EUR from 8:00AM to 12:00PM EST, and I have another
e> XPO
e> EUR data collected from 8:00AM - 14:00PM German time, (which is 2:00AM -
e> 8:00AM EST).
e> I want to import the XPO data with timestamped   2:00AM-8:00AM EST , is it
e> possible?
e> Any response will be apprectiated.

e> Eric

--