Recognising a new month starting

Hi,

I'm struggling to find a way to get TS to see if 'today' is a new month
compared to the last trading bar.  Its fine if the market actually
trades on the last day of a month, then I can use Barstoendofmonth
function, but the problem occurs when this isn't the case. The problem
gets worse over the New Year when there are more holidays and trading
often starts days after the first of the month.
Can anyone offer any suggestions here please? In summary, I want to know
if the next trading bar to appear on the chart will be in a new month
compared to the most recent bar on the chart. Obviously its apparent in
real time, but for backtesting I can't find a way.

Thanks,
Adrian