From: "Ian Waugh" <ianwaugh@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <ianwaugh@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2004 7:18 AM
Subject: eSignal and Forex data Qs...

> Hi All,
>       Is anyone using eSignal Forex data?

yes, with success....
>  I've just subscribed to this and I'm having problems. Would greatly
> appreciate help on any or all of the following items:
>
> 1) Do you have to define Forex as an Index (as you do with the
> electronic emini futures contracts) in order to avoid PC hang and
> overload?

NO-
> 2) What data fields should you collect for complete data? The Forex
> Template in GS shows:

> Ask Record 1 Tick
YEs
> Ask Record 1 Minute
NO
> Ask Record 1 Day
NO
> Bid Record 1 Tick
YES
> Bid Record 1 Minute
YES
> Bid Record 1 Day
YES

> Do you need a 5 Minute option, too?

YES- Absolutely-
BID RECORD- 5 min

> 3) I've been trying to use the eSignal Plugin for GS (v4081) for
> collecting historical data. The Forex settings here are:
BID RECORD-  TICK
ASK RECORD- TICK
TRADE RECORD - 1 MIN
TRADE RECORD- 5 MIN
TRADE RECORD- DAY

> Trade Record
> 1 Tic

> 1 Minute
> 5 Minutes
> 1 Day
> Ask Record
> 1 Tick
> Bid Record
> 1 Tick
>
> What boxes should you check for this?
ABOVE ONES THAT I WROTE

> What about the 5 Minute record? Can you safely ignore this?

I PREFER TO HAVE IT- WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN TICK DATA FILE GETS TOO BIG.
> Do you need to collect Day data?
I DO.

> 4) I've tried various download combinations, all with problems. For
> example,  I tried the Tick, 1 Min and Ask and Bid boxes, the Plugin went
> through the motions of collection the data but on looking in the Edit
> Data box there was no data there.
>
> At other times, the Plugin shows so-many bytes received but not all seem
> to get processed.

ALWAYS WAIT UNTIL PROCESSED AND RECVD NUMBERS MATCH.  MIGHT HAVE
TO WAIT A LITTLE WHILE.
> Trying to download data for more than one symbol invariably causes GS to
> hang and/or crash.
>
> Any ideas?
SET THE SETTINGS AS DESCRIBED ABOVE AND TRY IT

> 5) Finally, what session times do you use? Is it just open on Sunday and
> close on Friday or do you need to make entries for each day?

USE EXCHANGE TRADED TIME (GMT)
I HOPE MY SETTINGS ARE CORRECT:
0:01 MON TO 23:58 MON
0:01 TUES TO 23:58 TUES.