CME Settlement Price Procedure

Some time ago, perhaps a year-and-a-half or so, I read that the CME was
adopting a special procedure for determining the settlement price for the
front S&P 500 contract.  This special procedure was to be employed only on
the last trading day of each month and the price would be a consensus or
average of the fair-value estimates from several different industry sources.

I'm trying to confirm that this practice is still being followed and that
the schedule is still the same - the last trading day of each month and that
day only.  I sent an e-mail to the CME but received only a boiler-plate
reply - I doubt that the respondent actually knew what I was talking about.

Does anyone on this list know the answer, or have the name of a specific CME
contact who could help me?

Thanks.

Carroll Slemaker