Re: Moving from SuperCharts to TS8

> Subject: Moving from SuperCharts to TS8
> Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 03:08:46 -0400
> From: Michael Kopera <mikopera@xxxxxxxxxx>
> To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
>
> Any hints on how to make the transition from SuperCharts to TS8?
>
> My (SuperCharts) methodology is to create a custom list of stocks (based
> on price, volume, atr, etc) to use in various scans (ChartScanner). It
> is hardly obvious to me how to duplicate this procedure in TS8.

If you would be doing it simply to upgrade, don't. There is NO Chart Scanner
in TS7, and I don't think it is in 8.  There may be a way to do this with an
external macro program, but I have tried several times without success.

I moved from TS4 to 6, then 7.   I've accumulated a list of stocks, several hundred,
on charts,and open them once a day to see what is happnin.  That seems to be
about the best you can do.

The Chart Scanner has been one of the most-requested features on the TS forums,
but in the more than two years since the intro of TS6, it hasn't appeared.

There are many, many improvements in the newer TS's.  It is very odd that such
a compelling feature was dropped.

donc