From: Michael Watkins [mailto:mw@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 4:33 PM
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Downloader for DialData

On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 13:45, coaster wrote:
> go to http://hquotes.com/

That's not a bad solution. Cheaper (time wise) than rolling your own
Perl or Python as we've been discussing.

I've an alternative for you to consider - buy Neoticker EOD - its only
40$ and it directly accesses Yahoo internet data.

http://www.tickquest.com/NeoTickerEOD/

You just point..

http://www.trendvue.com/charts/2004/05/20-MW24.gif

And pick the source. You can mix and match RT sources with end of day,
whatever (that really bugs me about TS7,8).

et voila:
http://www.trendvue.com/charts/2004/05/20-MW25.gif

I just started playing with a copy of Neoticker again - it seems to have
advanced steadily since I last looked at it in 2.x days. While its quite
different than Tradestation, most of the time NT doesn't seem to get in
the way.

Had not looked carefully at the download - just running it right now to
grab the SP500. The initial load as you can expect takes a little while,
but pulling the daily update down is quite fast.
http://www.trendvue.com/charts/2004/05/20-MW26.gif

It appears to access only the historical data on Yahoo - that source is
not updated for some hours after the close.

Anyway - it might be an option for some, for 40$ you get lots of data
options plus a real charting application as well. I know you can export
data from it but have not looked into that as neiter internet data nor
export are on my list of things I need personally.

I've had it bolted on to eSignal for a couple days and so far I like
almost all that I see. I really want to lobby for them to associate
drawing objects with a symbol (per chart window) rather than with the
Chart Window as is - seems like that's a "future" thing for them. It
does seem that they actually get the "future" things done however, which
is certainly refreshing.

ps for Barry: you do know that the data from Dial is not Ascii, but its
own format, right? FYI in case..

Mike

--
Michael Watkins