tick bar question

List,
This might be my imagination, but it seems lately that they are many more
tick bars per day than in the past. I use 600 tick bars with the S&P e-mini
using tradestation 2000i and DTN satellite. The tick volume per day doesn't
seem to be more than it was a couple of months ago. It's been running
between about 60,000 and 80,000 ticks per day, but there seem to be more
bars per day and I especially notice this during the night session. I know
tradestation 7 changed something a few months ago that almost doubled the
tick volume, but the DTN volume figures haven't increased on average but if
I overlay a 600 tick chart from six months ago over one from recent days,
and tick volume for the day is close, there are many more bars on the
current chart. I don't understand how this is possible. Has anyone else
noticed this? Maybe I need to get my eyes checked.
Thanks,
Doug