Re: AW: To MarkBrown: Real-time datafeeds in Python

Adrian asked:
>So with all the problems in TS and in WL3, have you written your own
>complete program with interface and programming language that has
>overcome the flaws in Easylanguage and WL's pascal type language?

I got started on one once.  Didn't have the time to see it through.

Now, what I do is what Bob does.  Invent workarounds to get around
the deficiencies.  I shouldn't have to.  I can understand such
incompleteness for something open-source or something an author
writes for his own use, but TS is neither.

Since the discussion was about developing something new, I thought it
was appropriate to point out features that I wished TS would have.

>are you actively working with current developers (on say the WL site or
>TS World) to resolve many of the missing or innacurate features?  I'm
>guessing you don't use either program because they have so many
>problems...so I'm intrigued what program you would recommend?

At the moment I use TS with Excel, and some things I can't do in TS I do
in Excel (options strategy analysis, for example).  My own web site
http://unicorn.us.com/trading/ should make it plain that I'm a TS user,
and I provide workarounds and fixes to others on that site.

-Alex