Re: AW: To MarkBrown: Real-time datafeeds in Python

>...and then you discovered Wealth-Lab Developer 3.0 ... :)
>
>With all respect most of it is taken care of in WLD3.

I know, Volker.  WLD3 will do just most of everything I listed.  The
marks I have against it are:

1. The programming language seems to encourage people to write
rather obfuscated and unclear code, from looking at some samples
on the web site.  You can do that in EL too, but I don't see it as
much.  I'm well versed in C, C++, Java, and other languages, and
frankly, even though I can appreciate the thought that went into the
design of WealthScript, looking at WealthScript code still turns me
off.  Even after reading through the language documentation, a lot
of code I see still isn't clear.  Some of it has to do with cryptic
things embedded in code I see, some of it has to do with low-level
maintenance of data streams that programmers must do, and some of
it is just clutter (e.g. having to spell out long words instead of
using standard aliases like H, L, C, etc).

2.  WL's inability to re-calculate indicators on every tick, instead
of at the end of each bar, also limit its usefulness for real-time
trading.  In fairness, TS can't do this with strategies either, but
can do it with indicators.

3.  Plus a couple of the others below (for example, complex math).

-Alex