Re: Security alert -- Firewall comparison video

I too wondered what was so weird about the book it
needed to be fuzzed, distracted me through the
whole presentation :)

Personally, I thought the whole thing was a smoke
and mirrors show designed to dazzle the uninformed.
To compare straight layer 2/3 products with
layer 3/7 products is just not honest.

http://www2.rad.com/networks/1994/osi/layers.htm

Most of those "software" devices (and I've
reviewed a few for clients) are Linux PC's in a
custom box with a HTTP/GUI menu to their
application.  Just be honest with the clients that
all they are purchasing is a pre configured PC
in a pretty box.

A dedicated hardware appliance built from the
ground up (I.E. Cisco, Netscreen, Foundry) will
out perform them every time in straight
networking.

Justin

---

Wyatt wrote:

Hey, did anyone else notice the "Cat in the Hat" book in the background? :D

When the salesman is talking, you see it on the desk behind him, but its
fuzzed out.  When they fade back and forth to the hacker, the fuzz
disappears.

-- Wyatt